What would Carrie Do?

I began this blog four years ago to tell my story as an intern in New York City. It quickly turned in to more than that. I wrote that entire summer about my feeligs and my life then I abandoned it. My friends urged me to start writing again. Therefore I decided to pick my laptop back up and begin to spill my emotions. I hope you enjoy and I hope my words help you work somethings out.

Monday, March 16, 2009

I wish I knew what to do

This weekend, Friday night/Saturday morning to be exact a close friend of mine decided to confess his undying love for me. I mean, I never thought that this would be a problem, but it turns out that this truth is a HUGE problem.

I always knew that he had a bit of a crush on. Okay, I'll be honest; I thought that he just wanted to ____ me. But after our conversation I know its so much more than that. He told me that he "sees" me. He said that I am everything he has ever wanted in a woman. He SAID that he wants to marry me. Every word he said spilled off of his lips and into my reality; I wish he would have kept it to himself. I now feel like a huge weight has been placed on my shoulders. I don't know what to do with the information.

"I am in Love with you." Those are words that I have always wanted to hear, I have prayed about and wished for them. I guess the saying is true. "Be careful what you wish for." I now wish I knew what to do with them. He is the sweetest guy and he only wants whats best for me. When we talked that night, he said that he would take care of me and that is what he dreams about. He told me that he will never get married unless he marries me.

This whole situation is crazy and I have no idea how to react. in 2001 I fell in love with my college sweetheart. He was everything that I thought I wanted in a man. There was only one problem, he didnt love me. We dated for two years and he never could say that he loved me. He would tell me that I was a great person and that I was beautiful; in those two years I never understood how he could say those things but never feel love for me. He told me I deserved someone that would love me the way I needed to be loved. It was the worst possible situation because I felt that the only person that could love me like that was him. I didn't understand how he could think that I was so great but not be able to love me. I also never thought of how I was making him feel. However, after Friday's conversation everything has changed.

I know exactly how my ex-boyfriend feels. I know that he is one of the most selfish people I have ever met. He sat there in my love and soaked it up for two years. If he was any kind of man, he would have walked away, given my heart a clean break in the beginning. I think that is exactly what I have to do in this situation. I have to walk away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home