What would Carrie Do?

I began this blog four years ago to tell my story as an intern in New York City. It quickly turned in to more than that. I wrote that entire summer about my feeligs and my life then I abandoned it. My friends urged me to start writing again. Therefore I decided to pick my laptop back up and begin to spill my emotions. I hope you enjoy and I hope my words help you work somethings out.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Will I ever figure it out?

I am sitting here at 12:08am wondering if I will ever figure out how not to give all of me away to those who don't deserve it. I have cloudy judgment, and I am a hopeless romantic...this gets me in trouble; and leaves me feeling like this.

What is this?

It is low, unfulfilled, underappreciated, and unworthy of the one thing that I want more than anything in the world.

And you see, there is the problem! I want it so bad that I am willing to give my undivided attention to things that do not deserve my care, my keeping, my love.

I have to stop this vicious cycle, and I have to stop it now! I just don't know how. This is how I have lived my life, for this long. So what do I do?

What would Carrie do?

That is the name of this blog...and in all of her deliciousness; I do think that even Ms. Bradshaw wouldn't have the answer here.

I guess that’s where you come in, oh readers of this blog...how would you stop the vicious cycle of loving to hard to quick? How would you find balance in wanting to give yourself to another to be received with favor; and holding back just enough not to get swallowed up? How do I not get wrapped up in the wrong one?

And how will I recognize him when he comes...recognize the one that I can give my heart to?

Taking it from Ms. Hell-to-the-naw herself, "How will I know if he really loves me?"

Not like I can't figure out when "he isn't that into me" but what do you do 7 months down the line and he loses interest? What readers...what do I do then?

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM , Blogger C. Sophia said...

It's a transfer of energy problem...simply (though I must admit it's not that easy) transfer all the energy and love you give to him to yourself. Then let it get to a point where you love yourself more than you love him. Then you won't be able to give all of you away. Or you could simply pick up the phone when other people who love you call, so they can talk to you and tell you how great and deserving you are of real, passionate, consuming love.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home